Defending against mold growth can feel like such a major feat to take on, but have no fear, your local mold specialists are on the case! However, just because we are on hand to help whenever mold should occur, we think you should be prepared to prevent mold on your own. Use these following tips to amp up your mold defense:
- Keep the humidity in your home or business between 30-60%
- Make sure your property has property drainage to keep water away from your building's foundation
- Regularly inspect your plumbing and other appliances for any leaks. Water left to sit is mold's favorite food!
- Keep your gutters and drains clear and free of any debris
- Inspect your roofs, windows, and any other potential entryways for water. Perform maintenance ASAP when necessary
- Immediately deal with water intrusions in your home
- Never try DIY mold removal!
- If your home experiences water damage, call SERVPRO of Carroll County for immediate assistance, as improper mitigation of water damage can lead to secondary damages such as mold
Dealing with any damage to your home or business can feel so daunting, but that is what SERVPRO of CarrCo is here for. Other mold cleaning services might not take the time to educate you and answer any questions you might have, but we know how important it is to make sure you understand the process your home is undergoing in such stressful times. We're the number one name in the disaster mitigation industry and we're here to help!